Anchored by Titusville to the north, Melbourne Beach to the south, with Port Canaveral and Cocoa Beach in between and over 72 miles of beach along Florida's Atlantic coast, it's easy to find your space in the sand on the Space Coast, claim it as your own and soak up the sun!
When you're not learning how to surf the waves or working on your tan, the Space Coast is home to some of the most pristine, unspoiled natural habitats Florida has to offer. Kayaking in the Indian River Lagoon or Turkey Creek Sanctuary, Kennedy Space Center, the Brevard Zoo and much much more are just a short drive from any point!
With miles of beaches, vast wilderness areas, and a mosaic of waterways, it is no wonder that the Space Coast is a leader in Florida eco-tourism. There’s a major wildlife refuge, sanctuaries, parks, and the #1 sea turtle nesting grounds in the Western Hemisphere - it is a nature lover’s paradise. But the Space Coast is also a surfing mecca, and home to America’s space program - and those are only a few reasons to explore.
So if you're planning a full, fun-filled vacation for the family, a romantic weekend getaway for two or just a weekend gathering with good friends, we invite you to stay, plant your beach chair in the sand and breathe in the ocean air.
Whatever you choose, there is a wealth of “authentic” Florida fun on the Space Coast. Enjoy!!
Here are some ideas:
- Join A Sea Turtle Walk – from May to October during sea turtle nesting season.
- Take a Magical Kayak Ride in the evening from May to September and see living lights dancing on the water.
- See bald eagles, blue herons and alligators while gliding St. John’s River on an airboat.
- Watch a rocket launch at the Kennedy Space Center and see the highlights of more than 50 years of space history.
- Welcome to yesteryear at Honest John’s Fish Camp – homesteaded in 1887 and still run by the original family!
- Take the Black Point Wildlife Drive at Merritt Island National Wildlife Refuge.
- Don’t forget the Brevard Zoo where you can zip line the Treetop Trek and kayak through the zoo while seeing amazing animals from unique vantage points.
- Also – Surf…fish…swim…cruise…RELAX!!