General Information About Fort Lauderdale
Fort Lauderdale is known for its fabulous art scene, amazing sports arenas, accessible parks, sizzling nightlife and sensational festivals. Whether you are planning a weekend getaway and are searching Fort Lauderdale inns, or you want to stay awhile and are perusing Fort Lauderdale beach hotels, Superior Small Lodging will help you find Fort Lauderdale lodging that meets all of your requirement, in precisely the right location. From charming Fort Lauderdale inns to the most luxurious Fort Lauderdale beach hotels, we offer the information you need to make a smart choice right at your fingertips.
When you are looking for a place to stay while visiting Fort Lauderdale beach, hotels are more than abundant and your selection of amenities when choosing accommodations may be overwhelming. If you are traveling with a large group of people, a Fort Lauderdale vacation home may be the perfect choice for you. Would you like to stay at one of the city’s sumptuous Fort Lauderdale beach hotels, but prefer a location that is slightly removed from the hustle and bustle of the city? Check out resorts that are quietly tucked away off of North Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard. Maybe you prefer affordable accommodations that give excellent access to the area’s famous leisure and recreational pastimes. SSL offers a myriad of delightful yet quaint Fort Lauderdale inns that are a stone’s throw away from the area’s exquisite white sand beaches and exhilarating nightlife and, our Fort Lauderdale inns on Fort Lauderdale Beach Boulevard allow easy access to mouthwatering dining under the stars, a plethora of pleasant and sociable cafés, unique restaurants and breathtaking sunsets. No matter where you stay or what amenities you would like to have access to in Fort Lauderdale, lodging suited to your needs can be found when you choose Superior Small Lodging.
Everglades Tours,Gator Shows, Boat Rentals & More!Welcome to Everglades Holiday Park! Climb aboard one of our state-of-the-art vessels for unforgettable airboat rides journeying deep into the Everglades, zipping across the "River of Grass" at top speeds with an expert tour guide leading the way. Then take in a live alligator presentation featuring the Gator Boys Alligator Rescue in our world famous Gator Pit!
- Hours of Operation: 7 Days a Week: We open at 9AM (rain or shine)
- Tours are 60 minutes in length, departing every 20 minutes.
- Last boat (with gator show before tour) departs at 4:10PM
- Last boat (without gator show) departs at 4:30PM
- View our website at evergladesholidaypark.com
- BUY DISCOUNT TICKETS NOW
World Famous Jungle Queen Riverboat ToursImagine cruising on something extraordinary for a day or night. Where the sightseeing, dinner, and show are indescribable. Where you can enjoy things visitors have been enjoying since 1935. Morning Sightseeing Cruise - A fully narrated, 90-minute morning cruise down the "Venice of America" sailing through Ft. Lauderdale Millionaire's Row with homes of the Rich and Famous, spectacular Mega Yachts, and sights beyond belief. Departs 11:00 am, year-round
- 90-Minute Evening Sightseeing Cruise - A fully narrated, 90-minute morning cruise down the "Venice of America" sailing through Ft. Lauderdale Millionaire's Row with homes of the Rich and Famous, spectacular Mega Yachts, and sights beyond belief. Departs 5:30 pm, Monday and Tuesday, year-round.
- 3-Hour Sightseeing Cruise - Includes a visit to our Tropical Isle where you'll see an alligator show, birds, monkeys, and more. Departs 1:30 pm daily, year-round.
- Dinner & Show Cruise - Includes an All You Can Eat barbeque ribs, chicken, and shrimp dinner on our tropical isle, and a laugh out loud variety show. Departs 6:00 pm, Wednesday-Sunday, year-round.
- All cruises sail from the Bahia Mar Yachting Center on A1A in Fort Lauderdale
- View our website
- BUY YOUR TICKETS NOW
Exciting Sawgrass Recreation ParkFeel the excitement and learn the history of Florida’s most remarkable treasure, the Everglades, at Sawgrass Recreation Park. Located in the heart of Fort Lauderdale, this family owned and operated business offers more than just airboats and alligators. With different tour options, including daytime and nighttime airboat rides, animal exhibits, group activities and corporate events, fishing and camping, there is something for everyone to enjoy at Sawgrass Recreation Park.
Hours of Operation and Tours:
- ANIMAL EXHIBIT AREAS OPEN 9 A.M. TO 5 P.M.: The park is open daily except for Thanksgiving and Christmas, or pending inclement weather. Please call us to see if it is raining. In Florida it may be raining near the beach but not in the Glades.
- GENERAL ADMISSION TOURS: The tours start after 9:00 a.m. each day and continue every 20-30 minutes throughout the day until 3:30 p.m. with a final airboat tour at 5:00 p.m. when the animal exhibits close.
- PRIVATE AIRBOAT ADVENTURES: Private Tours can be scheduled anytime between 9 a.m. and 4 p.m. when the animal exhibits close. Reservations are required, although last minute tours can usually be accommodated.
- RED EYE TOURS: Red Eye Tours can be scheduled on the hour or half-hour starting 5:00 p.m. each day and ending at 10:00 p.m. Reservations are required, although tours can sometimes be booked on the day of.
Take a Water Taxi TourOne of the best ways to see this beautiful city is on a Water Taxi Tour. Water Taxi Tours are the best combination of tours and transportation in Fort Lauderdale. The Water Taxi experience is like a trolley tour! You pay one fare and can hop on and off all day. The Water Taxi Tour has a total of 18 stops (16 are scheduled, and 2 are “on demand” whistle stops) at the best destinations including many hotels and restaurants in Fort Lauderdale and Hollywood. We also stop at several beach locations as well as Hugh Taylor Birch State Park also known as Birch State Park. While on the Water Taxi Tour, our staff will narrate the scenes along the Intracoastal Waterway and provide valuable information on how to best enjoy your tour.
MAI-KAI Polynesian Restaurant
Escape to one of the most unique dining and entertainment places in all of South Florida. Since 1956 the MAI-KAI has captivated visitors with its warmth and magical aura. It authentically recreates a Polynesian Village complete with tiki torches, a thatched roof and wonderful Polynesian ambiance.
Voted #1 Tiki Bar in South Florida AND # 1 Polynesian Restaurant in the country!
A visit to the MAI_KAI should definitely be on your list when visiting the Fort Lauderdale area.
Tuesday - Friday from 5 P.M.
Saturday from 4:30 P.M.
Sunday from 5 P.M.
See our website at www.maikai.com for dinner and showtimes